Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did you change the name to Membership.com?
- National Motor Club Field Services has been the sales agency for National Motor Club membership products since 1999. In 2019, NMCFS contracted to market and sell membership products for the Association for Independent Americans. This opportunity to sell additional membership products for a new partner created some confusion for our independent reps, so in December of 2019 NMCFS legally changed its name to Membership.com to alleviate confusion and better reflect our purpose to our independent agents.
will this affect my compensation?
- Prior to the name change, agents signed one of several contracts to be an Independent Sales Representative (ISR). These contracts sometimes had different compensation plans. Going forward, all agents will sign or resign the revised Membership.com ISR Contract and there will be one compensation plan per product. The Legacy NMC Compensation plan is largely unchanged and will be the NMC Compensation plan for all agents moving forward. The AIA Compensation plan has been revised to increase the commission on every sale!
- Where can I find the new compensation
- In your Membership.com Portal. Please use your existing login information to login and review the compensation plans for each product we offer.
- Do I have to sign a new contract?
- Yes, in order to remain an active agent you will need to sign the new ISR Contract. If you are already an active agent there is no additional ISR fee required – http://signup.membership.com/newagreement
- Do I HAVE to sell multiple products?
- No! Membership.com partners with multiple associations nationwide to bring you and your customers the best products available to your members. It is up to you which you would like to sell. There are product training webinars for each of the membership packages. The appropriate training and licensing will still apply.
will recruiting for teams work?
- The home office will continue to recruit agents to our team. If you know someone who is interested in this opportunity you can recruit them to become an agent as well. Membership.com is committed to bringing a wealth of opportunities to you. Some agents prefer working in teams and others independently. The choice is yours!
do I become a team leader?
- Promotion to District and Division are at the discretion of the home office and the current team leader (if applicable) and are based on sales, recruiting and quality.
- How do I best utilize Membership.com social media marketing?
- We encourage all of our agents to like and follow Membership.com on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Pete the Penguin also has Facebook and Instagram Profiles. There are giveaways and prizes available on these platforms. Please refer to the social media policy in the Membership.com Contract for advice on sharing Membership.com and Pete’s Posts.
- Why did you choose a penguin as the Membership.com mascot?
- Penguins live in the most inhospitable place on earth, Antarctica. Every year, the penguin colony returns to its nesting ground far to the south where the ice is hard and it is safe for the chicks to hatch. This is often a 40-mile journey and there are no road signs. In order to reach their destination, one penguin will lead the pack as far as he can, then another takes over. When it is cold, the penguins will gather in a huddle, taking turns with their backs to the wind in order to stay warm. Penguins embody the teamwork, community and leadership values of Membership.com.
- Is there really a Pete?
- Yes! Pete is a 4ft tall Emperor Penguin that lives at the home office in Irving, Texas. Pete enjoys working and traveling with the home office team. Be sure to follow Pete on Facebook @PetePenguinSaves and Instagram @PetePenguinSaves. Pete especially enjoys when he is tagged by Memberrship.com agents and sometimes he gives away prizes to his followers!
- Why is there an ISR fee and what does it cover?
- The $49 ISR fee covers the processing of your application and agent contract, as well as background check fees and any license processing by the agency on your behalf to the state, where applicable. State Licensing Fees vary and are controlled by each state and is separate.
- Where can I go when I have questions outside of normal Home Office Business hours?
- The Client Services toll-free lines are available to answer questions regarding the membership benefits. For Agency questions OR sales materials requests please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. For suggestions regarding ways we can improve our field support to you, please email email@example.com.